tulip fairy...

Hello my fabulous friends!

I'm back today to share another card made with one of the images I colored as part of thedailymarker30day coloring challenge (which is still going on, so you can join in!!!)...

Paper: Georgia Pacific
Stamps: Whimsy Stamps Maya, Many Thanks
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Uniball Signo white; Copic...
Skin: E30, E31, E33, R32
Hair: E42, E57, E47, E49
Flower: V0000, V01, V03, V06, V09, R00, 0
Leaves: YG0000, YG21, YG23, YG95, YG99
Dress: R00, R81, R83, R56, R59, BG72, BG70
Vest: W00, W1, W3, W5, W7, W9, BG72
Wings: V12, V0000, BG72, BG70, R00
Feet: W3, 0, N9, N7, N5, N3, N1
Ground: W4, W2, W0

I started out coloring the vest with warm grays... but I didn't really like how it looked against the other colors already in the piece... I didn't want to throw it out after so much of the coloring was already done, so I added a wash of BG72 over the top... It totally changed the overall color of the vest while maintaining the shadows and highlights I had already placed with my grays.. This technique can be used for all sorts of things... from changing the color of something, to creating smooth shadows in a multicolored piece (like a striped shirt), to adding a bit of a glow... 

I wanted to play around with this technique a bit more, so I decided to add a wash of R00 to the flower... I already loved the colors in the flower, but adding the faint pink  (which showed up mostly in the highlights because of how light it was), really added a lot of visual interest. 

Spending the time to really focus on my coloring has helped me feel more confident with my markers, and I've been learning a lot that I'm excited to be able to share with you in the future! 

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Comments