Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights challenge...

Hello my fabulous friends!

Today, I'm excited to say, I was invited to be a guest designer for the

Are you ready???

Here is the inspiration photo...


You can take inspiration from any part of this... one of the images... the colors... whatever part of it that gets those creative juices flowing!

For those who aren't familiar with the Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights challenge, it is a monthly inspiration based challenge based on a Color Trend photo (this month's is the one I just shared, but it can also be found on the CLASSroom blog). 

 A random participant will receive a $50 gift certificate to the Ellen Hutson store!!!! (YAY!)

  To be eligible to win, you MUST use Essential by Ellen products and the above photo as your inspiration. There is an inlinkz link on the challenge post HERE where you can link up your entry!  

So it's pretty simple!

Here's my take...

Paper: Georgia Pacific
Stamps: Essentials by Ellen Thistle, Courage
Other: Prismacolor colored pencils (24 set), Crop-a-dile Corner Chomper

I love the colors for this challenge! So I started by stamping the Essentials by Ellen Thistles with various Altenew inks that match the color palette...

But it looked a bit... flat..

So I added details with Prismacolor colored pencils..

It makes a HUGE difference, huh?!?!

I loved the marbled macaroons in the photo, so I tried to replicate that in the thistles by layering various lines of multiple colors instead of blending.. 

To finish things off, I rounded the corners, doodle a border with a multiliner, and added the sentiment from the Essentials by Ellen Courage stamp set. I then colored the edges of a white card base with my Copic 110 marker and added my colored panel. 

Now it's your turn! Join in the fun with the Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights challenge!

Enjoy!
~Kassi



Comments