hanging in there...

Hello my fabulous friends!

I hope you are all enjoying the new year! 

I have been super busy getting samples made for Creativation, and while I'm not allowed to give any sneak peeks, I will be sharing a whole bunch of projects I made starting on January 20th! 

And in the mean time, I have to start working on my stash of birthday cards for the year....

Paper: DCWV; Georgia Pacific
Stamps: Whimsy Stamps Fluffy Hanging in There; Great Impressions Sweet Sentiments
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Copic N7, N5, N3, N1, N0, E04, R00, E55, 539, E29, YG67, R81, R83, R85, Y26, E43, E44, E45, E50, YG95, YG93, YG61, multiliner; Uniball Signo pen


Isn't  this sweet little Fluffy adorable?!?! 

I fell in love with this stamp the moment I saw it. It is among the first of the Whimsy Stamps that I have bought. So adorable, and fun to color.

I kept the coloring fairly simple... I did want the tail to be nice and fluffy though. 

To tell the truth, this was my second attempt at this card.. the first one got ruined when my pink marker decided to drip.... It wasn't something I could fix easily... So I decided the first attempt was just practice to decide where I wanted my shading to go. LOL!

For those who aren't familiar with Copics, sometimes they decide to drip... This can be due to air pressure changes, or  a pen that is over filled... Whatever the reason,  the easiest solution is to color with both caps off.  

To ground this sweet little ball of fluff, I added dots of various shades of brown for the dirt, and hand sketched blades of grass. This is a fun and simple way to ground something that is outside. 

The border is just hand doodled. I've been doing that a lot lately... I really like the Copic multiliners for the doodling... I'm no expert in lining pens, but the Copic multiliners are my current favorite of all the ones I've tried.

Do you have a favorite lining pen? Let me know in the comments!

Have a wonderful day!

Enjoy!
~Kassi


SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

Comments